Outreach Training, Support and Advice
Our Outreach Service offers general training in SEND and more targeted training in the areas of autism, learning difficulties (including specific learning difficulties), hearing impairment and vision impairment.
Our team comprises experienced teachers with specialist qualifications in vision impairment, hearing impairment, dyslexia, learning difficulties and autism.
The team works with schools to:
- Empower staff;
- Undertake assessments;
- Develop programmes for parents and carers to use at home or for use within pre-school and schools;
- Provide advice on suitable equipment and resources;
- Provide advice and support on how to help children and young people access the curriculum within the mainstream environment;
- Provide support around examinations e.g. by outlining what pupils need and providing reports for examination boards;
- Develop bespoke training for those working with children and young people with SEND.
The team can also work on a one-to-one basis with pupils or in groups either at home or in schools. We are able to run all of our training sessions virtually.
Within Waltham Forest, we work as part of a unified service called SENDsuccess. Schools and settings in Waltham Forest can therefore access this service free of charge. Please visit Send Success website using the link below where you can find information on supporting children with special needs and information on schools' training or email firstname.lastname@example.org.